As for me, 2009 has been one of the best year in my life. Yes, the best.
Here are the reasons why.
1. Friends and their family. 2009 is the year where I get to be closer with lots of friends that I am proud to have. 2009 is also the year where I stayed with lots of my friends at their house. This gives me the opportunity to get to know their families and lifestyles. My friends have wonderful families. Their parents always welcome me warmly to their house and are always generous with hugs. I believe strongly that good family foundation will determine what kind of a person you are. The wonderful hospitality that I had experienced - Gnet's parents and siblings, Brenda's parents and brother, Steph's parents and sister, Joyce's parents, Eileen's parents, and Connie's daddy. Thank you all. My 2009 is great, thanks to you all.
2. Sucky friends.2009 will be the year where I remember that friendship hurts as well. Years long of friendships is destroyed with reasons that until now I do not know why. Nor do I bother to know now because it would not change anything already. However, after months of healing, I realise the experience has taught me a lot. I am grateful for the experience, I am grateful to get rid of the people that did me more harm than good and I am grateful for who I turn out to be after the incident. I am grateful that I no longer spend hours gossiping and laughing over someone's imperfect teeth. I am grateful to be able to break away from my comfort zone and enter new zones. I am grateful that I no longer play a part in discriminating people I don't like. I know I had hurt people terribly before, and in the end, I tasted my own medicine when they pushed me out. Padan muka saya. Oh well, overall it is still an enlightening experience.
3. Jalan-jalan. Oh yessssssssss, 2009 is the funnest year of all because I get to visit so so so many places. Melaka, Bukit Tinggi, FRIM, Cameron Highlands, Batu Caves, and ICG in Johor. Not to forget Miri and Sabah!! And of course, Kuala Lumpur!! I love visiting all the above places, especially when you have great company. Coming in 2010, Mount Kinabalu climb in June and definitely something will go on as well in December. Somewhere overseas perhaps? I crave for Boeing 747. ^ ^
4. Graduation. The end of my university life. The end of my six years of degree-studying. I have achieved what I have wanted academically and still get lots of fun along the way. I am glad that I do not choose to bury my nose into books and live a mundane life of studying. I study moderately and play hard. And 2009 proves that all has been worthwhile. Master study coming soon...I hope.
5. Erhu. I performed in an orchestra! On a stage! WOW. @.@ And I learned to play erhu. Another music instruments skills under my belt. *beaming
6. Alcohol consumption. 2009 is the year I am exposed to so much drinking. And also to geng makcik minum. To remember all the stupid things we do and say when we are not sober. To remember back all the things we dare to do because we are not sober.
7. Work. Yes, I am a working adult. YUCK. It sounds like such a heavy responsibility. But I do enjoy the salary that I get. I have to admit that I was surprised when I received my first posting because it was in a rural area. However, on my second day of working, I felt right at home. My immediate adaptation to a new place surprises me as well. And since my posting, I never miss home. I still love my parents of course but I wouldn't mind to live all by myself. I wouldn't mind not going back to my hometown during holidays. I am ready to start a new life by myself.
Finish studying and starting to work are definitely the highlights of 2009. These are all the things that happened in 2009 that makes my life kinda interesting. How about you?