Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Please do something, Celcom.

Hello there,

I am a Celcom Broadband user. My number is 0138508481. My name is Miss Lee.

I was informed few days ago by my colleagues that Celcom now charges monthly RM2 for paper bill.

As a person who always supports protection towards better environment, I was happy to hear the news. I have recently cancel a number of paper bills and change to online billing as it is so much easier.

I called the Celcom helpline to notify that I would opt for the paperless bill. To my disappointment, I was informed that I have to go to the nearest Celcom branches to settle my email billing.

I am currently in Belaga, Sarawak, serving as a teacher in the rural area. Celcom broadband has enabled me to reach out to the outside world where Streamyx is unavailable. Therefore, the earliest I can escape from this rural area and settle my billing will be in December.

I do not like the fact that I will be paying extra RM2 every month when I clearly do not want the paper bill. I do not like the fact that changing into email billing can be so troublesome where I have to go by myself to go and change by billing. I have done a lot of things through phone calls, I just can't see, why I can't change my billing by a simple phone call. Or by online. Afterall, your official website stated out loud and clear, "Manage Your Account Online".

I just don't want paper bill. As simple as that. And I have to travel for 4 hours to the nearest Celcom Center just to do it, with the cost of RM100 for transportation to and fro. I can't even ask my nearest relatives or friends to go to Celcom Center to do it for my part.

Yes, it is only RM2, but it still gets me and irritates me. I am frustrated that such a simple thing is unable to do through online or phone call.

So please, can you show me the way out? I am unable to go to the nearest Celcom Center but I really want to cancel my paper bill.

On the other hand, I applaud the Celcom Broadband for reaching out to rural areas such as my place and enable me to go online whenever I want. However, after years in this place, the line is still very much slow. Despite I was shown EDGE speed, my daily speed only reaches 20.00 to 50.00 kbps max. It was and still is a frustrating experience when I needed to do something urgent with a connection that is unstable and slower than a dial up. I really hope the appropriate authorities would take action against this matter. Currently, almost all government servants in this area uses Celcom Broadband. This roughly means around 200+ people subscribe for Celcom here. A policlinic is going to be opened here at the end of this year, and that means more people will be here. Can the system here be upgraded?

Another matter, is the Celcom Careline. Few weeks ago, I heard of the government broadband plan being offered to government servants. Since it is a better plan, I decided to subscribe to this plan. However, i heard the plan is selling like hot cakes and therefore I tried to call the Celcom Careline to enquire the phone number of Kajang branch. I wanted to know if the plan is still available as going to Kajang branch is quite a distance for me. Imagine to my surprise when the operator is unable to provide such information to me. I feel like the Celcom family doesn't bond really well with each other that they don't know each other numbers. I tried to search online. ALL THE NUMBERS online are out of service. Really, why put it online then? With no other choice, I went to Kajang Celcom Center and as expected all the modemns were out of stock. I can't subscribe for any plans if there are no available modems (according to them). Since I am a really loyal fan of Celcom, I went to Cheras Celcom Center instead to ask further. The people inside claimed they do not offer government broadband plan. I asked numerous Blue Cube around KL, none knew or heard of such plan. Some kindly suggested to go to Celcom Center to ask. Again, this is a really frustrating experience especially I took numerous trips which was not really convenient for me, I did not get any satisfying answer. And yes, I called Celcom Careline about this matter too. A helpful operator explained that one can easily subscribe such plan in any Blue Cube. Different information from different people. Why?

I hope I will get a swift reply on this three matter. Let me summarise it once more for easier reference.
1. I do not want paper bill but I can't cancel it unless I walk into nearest Celcom Center which I can't do so now. Can I cancel it online or through phone?

2. Can the system be upgraded in Belaga? Faster connection for everyone here?

3. Why with the different answers on government broadband plans? Celcom Careline operators have always been helpful, but not really knowledgeable.

Thank you very much.

* Bridget Patricia Lee - God bless you all
* http://bridgetlee85.blogspot.com

 
Free Counter
Blog template by suckmylolly.com
Background image by Patrick Hennessey