Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Lesson To Remember

Last night, an acquaintance (he knows me, I know him but we never talk) called me up and started to say really harsh and hurtful words.

This acquaintance is taking the side of another dear friend of mine (is it still dear friend, I wonder?). He has no business whatever but he decides to take part.

And my dear friend, I felt, let me to be scolded and bashed up by this stranger guy.

He started the call by saying, not to mess with him since he has connection with gangster at his place. He proceeded with lots of harsh and cruel words that would not be suitable to be typed here. I am proud to say that I did not shout back but I merely calmly replied him back. And mind you, without any harsh words. I know well that fire and fire would not end well. He is the fire, I am the water, who will win, eh? I can even sense that he is proud to have gangster connection which actually really amused me. What a guy! Such kiddish thought!

But the feeling of receiving such a call and to be treated such way is not nice. Experience from the past helps me to recover fast, but still, it hurts.

It hurts to see a dear friend turns her back to me. It hurts to get such call. It hurts that I care for the friend but it was not appreciated.

I learnt my lesson that night. Friends, will always be friends. Sisterhood and brotherhood might be true for some, but for me, it has always led to more pain. Never will I dare to overcommit in a friendship anymore, especially to those friends who don't treasure you well. Family should always remain your best friends.

I am stepping back. I have enough. I should have stepped back from the earlier beginning. It is a regret to know the dear friend. It is a regret that things ended this way. But now, it is time to protect me, myself and I.

0 opinions:

 
Free Counter
Blog template by suckmylolly.com
Background image by Patrick Hennessey